Skip to main content

My Endometriosis - Four months on..

Today its June 13th. I had my lap February 15th. Four months on, am I cured? No (wishful thinking).. Have I found all the answers I’m looking for? No not yet.. Am I better? Slightly. But nowhere near as much as I hoped. I now see I was a little naïve to think the I’d have the lap and hey presto! Im back to me again! So where am I now? Well to date, I have had four prostap injections. On the last check up at the hospital we realised that it hasn’t been working for me as it should have. For any that do not know, prostap is similar to Lupron - which is supposed to shut down your ovaries and stop your periods. I however continued to have periods while on prostap and for much much longer than normal. Last month I was on for three weeks of the month! They have decided to try me on a new medication called Norethisterone (I have no idea how to pronounce that?!) a hormonal tablet to be taken three times a day. Its been a week and I have had no spotting, no bleeding. Yay! On the other hand my emotions have been everywhere. I cried for four days straight. Over nothing and everything at the same time. I have also been one moody cow! If looks could kill then a lot of people would not have had a chance around me this week! It’s one of the worst feelings when all you do is snap at people, which always seems to be those closest to you, and you just cant control it. Insults and bitchy comments have been flying out my mouth before I’ve even had time to think. And that’s really not me at all. I’m so lucky I live with my amazing mother and brother who for this last week have totally ignored me - literally! Just left me to it. Jokes aside though its really been a tough week. This new medication has hit me hard, physically and emotionally. My stomach has swollen three times its normal size, so embarrassing! Not to mention the tiredness. I wanted to stop taking these tablets but will listen the advice of my mother to continue taking them for now and let my body adjust to them. Mothers know best after all right?? I have two injections left.. And in October I’ll have a review with the consultant who did the laparoscopy.

Who knows what will happen in the next four months. There has been plenty happening these last four. Some days I wish I could see into the future, what will happen, when will I feel completely normal and better again? Then I think what I’ve been through this last year and half. Would I have wanted to know all that? To know what each day has brought? Some days laughter and fun, however most of the time worry, pain, depression, insomnia and more pain? Not really. For now I think I’ll stick to taking one day at a time and just hope for the best.
#MyEndoDiary

Comments

  1. I completely understand where you're coming from. I had my surgery exactly 1 month after you and looking back I certainly was very naive as well. Although I don't think we can take all the blame because doctors also present this as the "best solution that will fix things" which sends the wrong message! I completely know the insanity that the injections and meds bring. Just know in 2 months you will be back to yourself at least emotionally and it will feel amazing! And through it all, we are right there with you. :) *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all we can do, take it one day at a time with Endometriosis. And, hopefully, one of these days there will be a cure.
    Look after yourself #endosister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I cant wait to feel 'normal' again. But yes at the moment one day at a time is the only solution i can conjour up. Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its horrible what a rough time your having and also the Side Effects your having to deal with.Im thinking of you. Im really glad you have a wonderful supportive Family and Friends to help you through everything
    I think the best way is to try and take it all one day at a time
    *hugs* x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

The Endometriosis Effect..

I have mentioned a few times that  Endometriosis does not come alone.  (Click to see previous blog). It has an impact on all areas of our lives; our health & well being, social & emotional interactions, physical capabilities and our employment amongst others. This week my employment status has taken a direct hit. As from tomorrow, Tuesday 5th of March I will be officially unemployed. I have worked for my current company for 9 years. A few weeks ago I was called up for a meeting with the Operations Manager. I was told they were starting the process to terminate my contract due to 'job capability'. Not that I am not capable of doing my work correctly and achieving all targets set, but due to my illness and sickness from work. This week I handed in my notice as I didn't want to be fired for something, which at the moment, I can't control. I had a feeling this day would come sooner rather than later. I've had to take so many sick days and long term sick from